Source code for Redwood 1., unveiled April 4, is available on GitHub. Also recognised as RedwoodJS, the framework leverages capabilities from various technologies, like the React, GraphQL, TypeScript, the Jest testing framework, and the Storybook UI component builder.
A Redwood application is a React entrance end speaking with a custom made GraphQL API, with the API working with the Prisma item-relational mapper. By building a great deal of selections for the consumer, the opinionated Redwood framework promises to cost-free up developers to target on specializing their apps.
Redwood was co-launched by GitHub co-founder Tom Preston-Werner. Jamstack-fashion progress is made available for both of those serverless and conventional infrastructure. Integrated attributes in Redwood are supposed to allow quicker, iterative workflows in which builders catch bugs before and more typically, deploy far more swiftly, and scale enhancement when completely ready.
Redwood 1. options incorporate:
- Opinionated defaults for formatting, file business, Webpack, and Babel.
- Routing with dynamic parameters, custom made forms, and named route features.
- Computerized site-based mostly code-splitting.
- Cells that supply a declarative way to fetch knowledge from the again-end API.
- Generators for internet pages, layouts, cells, SDL, and expert services.
- Varieties with shopper-aspect or server-facet validation and mistake-handling.
- Databases (GraphQL again finish) and data migrations.
Copyright © 2022 IDG Communications, Inc.