- You can download Reddit videos on your computer or phone in two ways.
- The RedditSave website lets you quickly download any Reddit video or GIF — all you need is a link.
- Most devices also let you record your screen, which you can use to record a Reddit video.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
There are few websites bigger than Reddit. And with thousands of videos posted and shared to the site each day, it doesn’t take long to find a video that you’ll want to save.
But like most social media sites, Reddit doesn’t let you just right-click and save videos. To download a Reddit video, you’ll need to use some extra tools.
Here are the two best ways to download and save Reddit videos to your device, no matter whether you’re using a computer, iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
How to download Reddit videos
There are dozens of websites that claim they can download Reddit videos, but the most reliable option is RedditSave. RedditSave is a free website that lets you download videos on any device.
And unlike some downloader sites, it saves videos with the audio included. It also offers a bot version that you can use directly on Reddit, as well as an extension for Chrome and Edge.
To use it:
1. Find the Reddit post that includes the video you want to save, and click or tap the Share option at the bottom of the post.
2. In the menu that pops up, select the Copy Link or just Copy option.
3. Head to the RedditSave website and paste the link into the text box at the top of the page, then tap Download.
4. Wait a moment for the video to process, then tap either of the download links it gives you: Download HD Video or SD Versions.
5. Depending on your device, the video will start downloading right away, or ask if you want to download it. Choose the Download option.
Check the Downloads folder on your device (or wherever you chose to save it) and you’ll find your saved Reddit video.
With a screen recording
If you don’t want to use a website, your device’s built-in screen recording feature works too. This method is a bit messier — you’ll probably have to trim your video a bit to remove the few seconds of you fiddling with the controls — but it’s free and quick.
First, open Reddit on your device and get ready to play the video you’re trying to save. When you’re ready, start your screen recording, then play the video. Once the video is over, end the recording.
To screen record on a Windows PC, press the Windows key + G to open the Game Bar. Once opened, find the Capture window (usually in the top-left corner) and click the Start recording button. All your recordings will be saved to the Videos folder on your
. Check out our full article on recording your PC’s screen for more details.
On an iPhone or iPad, you’ll need to first enable the Screen Recording feature in your Control Center. Once it’s there, just tap the button to start recording everything on your screen. Your videos will save to the Camera Roll. See our full article for a detailed step-by-step on iOS screen recording.
Depending on your Android device, you might need to enable the screen recorder before you can use it. But once it’s enabled, you should be able to find it by swiping down from the top of your screen twice to open the Quick Settings menu. If you have an older Android phone, though, you might need to use a third-party app instead. Again, check out our full article on Android screen recordings for more information.
For Mac users, things get a bit more complicated. You can use the built-in screen recorder on your computer — press Command + Shift + 5 to find the option — but this method only records the video, not the sound. If you want to save the entire video, sound included, you’ll need to use a third-party app like OBS Studio.
Once you’ve recorded and saved the Reddit video, you’ll probably want to trim off the start and end. Luckily, the default video-viewing apps on every device let you trim videos.